Back to "My Code"
UPDATED Nov 16, 2004
Fixed the tilde bug
Added support for French and German
Spanish support started
Read the Quick Instructions
Way back when, I purchased the 'Kitchen Sink' CD (over a dozen translations) for a shareware bible-reading program called Seedmaster. To this day, I have been using this old Windows 3.1 program. It just works. (It also 'just works' in Linux using 'wine,' a Windows emulator.) When I got my Palm, I wanted to take an electronic Bible with me. I purchased an NASB Bible for Olivetree's Bible Reader. It is a fine program, but I wanted to use the files I purchased for Seedmaster rather than purchasing them again. (Yes, I understand some people question the legality of this. I am comfortable with the fact that I have already paid for these translations in electronic form. You will have to decide this for yourself. Besides, there were many free (copyright expired) translations available for SM as well.) I discovered Poon Poetry's Bible Reader some time in 2002. I liked the fact that it was open source. I didn't like the interface quite as well as Olive Tree's, but because it was open source software, I knew I could add the features I wanted myself. Also, I could "Roll My Own" files for it using the BibleConverter program. I dove in and started trying to decode the Seedmaster files. By the time I had them figured out, Poon's Bible Reader was no longer open source, and I pretty much abandoned my project. Fast forward to July 2003, when I discovered Bible+. The beauty of open source is if someone abandons it, someone else can take over and go with it. Someone went with it and added the one key feature I wanted in a Palm Bible reader. (It's the book tap-selector screen, if you want to know.) I am excited about this again. I have deleted Olivetree's reader from my palm and installed Bible+ and a few of my favorite translations.
As an aside: Seedmaster later became "Bible Companion Software." I have heard reports that some BCS modules will work in the shareware Seedmaster. It is possible that sm2bp could convert them, but I dont have any BCS files to test with. UPDATE: I have used sm2bp to convert the Luther Bible 1912 from a BCS data file. It seemed to work, but I don't read German.
Get on with itSo, you have decided to convert your SM files to Bible+. (This process will also work for a variety of other destination formats. See the BibleConverter documentation for more details.)
What you will need: